I was never the biggest fan of salads until I made this salad. If you love halloumi, carrots and oranges this is the perfect salad for you!
Occasionally when I am feeling extra ‘healthy’ I make this for my work lunch and it makes 2 perfect servings that are both under 400 calories. This is perfect for those days when you just want a light, healthy lunch.
80g Watercress, spinach and rocket
1 Large carrot
1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
½ tablespoon of white wine vinegar
1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil (plus extra for frying)
1 teaspoon of honey
Juice from the orange
- Slice up the orange into segments and squeeze the rest of the juice into a cup.
- Peel the carrot and then use the peeler to make thin ribbons.
- Add the watercress, spinach and rocket mix and carrots to a bowl and toss gently.
- Add the mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and honey to the orange juice to create the dressing.
- Slice up the halloumi into squares, but make sure they aren’t too thin or small.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and cook the halloumi on each side until golden brown.
- Arrange the watercress, spinach and rocket mix and carrots in two bowls, add the orange slices and place the halloumi squares on top. Drizzle with dressing, and voila!
What’s your favourite salad?